The Kindle Content Technology & Ops team is looking for strong technical leaders to drive multiple strategic initiatives to reinvent reading and realize our vision of making “every book, ever written available on all Kindle devices and apps.”
This role requires working with product management to define business strategy, requirements and timelines as well as leading multiple cross-functional development teams through design, delivery, management and support. This position involves regular communication with senior management on progress, risks and change control. Ability to lead extended cross-discipline virtual teams as well as project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader/manager with superior analytical abilities across a global product base. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. The candidate is not just a policy maker but drives to get things done. At the core of the position is planning and delivery; ideal candidates have extensive experience with product build and delivery plans, defining and assembling program v-teams, and writing detailed functional and test specifications to meet product needs. Ideal candidates thrive in rapidly advancing, changing, delivery-focused environments.
Candidates will have knowledge of the following: service-oriented architecture, distributed software, product development, build processes, project management and release models. Candidates will have 7 or more years of relevant work experience - typically in internet-related or software application development environments.
- Create and maintain the Kindle publisher tools and feature roadmap for improving content quality and the reading experience.
- Manage prioritization and tradeoffs against customer experience.
- Combine tactical roadmaps and customer requirements into a compelling product and evangelize that vision within the organization.
- Ability to deliver initiatives from concept through completion.
- Work closely with engineering teams and user interface designers to define detailed product requirements.
- Measure and analyze existing platforms and competitors for opportunities to innovate, improve tool user engagement and increase adoption.
- Establish business, adoption metrics and indicators for success, to support Kindle Publisher Tools mission and goals.
- Measure and analyze existing products and look for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to customers.