Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Our team of high caliber software developers, statisticians and product managers use rigorous quantitative approaches to ensure that we target the right ad to the right customer at the right moment; managing tradeoffs between monetization, advertiser ROI and customer relevance. In order to accomplish this we leverage the wealth of Amazon’s information to build a wide range of models, set up experiments that ensure that we are thriving to reach global optimums and leverage Amazon’s technological infrastructure to display the right ads in real time.
We are looking for Sr. Product Manager - Tech to lead the strategic vision and roadmap for our advertiser facing targeting features. In this role, you will have end-to-end product ownership from product vision, feature inception, development, and delivery to go-to-market strategies. You will collaborate closely with engineering, data sciences, economists, and marketing to grow the adoption of these features. Specific areas of focus include improvements to our automatic targeting algorithms, heuristics and machine-learned models to manage ad relevance for a number of key verticals and the creation of a platform for publishers to better control the content of ad widgets shown on their pages. This is a high impact leadership position that requires vision and initiative, as well as technical depth and analytical rigor. In this area, subtle changes can have material impact the company’s bottom line
Your responsibilities will be
- Develop product vision, strategy, business plans, and metrics for our advertiser facing targeting features
- Define business and technical product requirements
- Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders throughout Amazon to obtain buy-in for product initiatives and to set expectations
- Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to customers
- Work with marketing, account development and sales to execute the go to market strategy
- Leverage consumer insights or competitive intelligence reports to help explain online behavioral trends and inform product decisions