There’s a revolution brewing to bring convenience, simplicity, efficiency, and fun to our lives, and you can be a part of it! We are hiring a Support Engineer to be a part of the team that’s creating customer experiences to discover, learn about, and acquire Alexa Skills for devices such as Amazon Echo and Amazon Fire TV. If you’re not familiar with Alexa and Skills you can learn more here: https://amazon.com/alexaskills
The Amazon Alexa Skills Store is aggressively seeking a Support Engineer to be a member of a cross-functional team to design, implement, and create tools in support of the rapidly growing Alexa platform. As a Support Engineer, you create beautiful internal applications, feel at home in a command prompt, and are able to troubleshoot, diagnose or fix production issues. You have a passion for supporting customers by building tools to optimize internal processes.
Some of the key job functions:
- Understand high-level technical aspects of existing systems and services.
- Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks.
- Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Node.js + React, web technologies, with the potential for Java based projects.
- Software deployment support in staging and production environments.
- Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
- System and Support status reporting.
- Customer notification and workflow co-ordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements.
- Work with development teams for handing-off or taking over active support issues and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set.