Are you interested in building world class services with a focus on processing streaming data using SQL? On the Amazon Kinesis Analytics team, we build and operate a fully managed service for real-time analytics over streaming data, (https://aws.amazon.com/kinesis/analytics/). Using Kinesis Analytics, our customers can run continually executing SQL queries over streaming data to extract and act on insights before they lose their value. Kinesis Analytics applications will power a new class of real-time dashboards, perform streaming ETL, detect anomalies in real-time, generate alerts, and drive real-time business decisions such as changing pricing and advertising strategies.
At Amazon Web Services, stream processing is a strategically important area and working on Kinesis Analytics puts you right in the forefront of this leading technology.
We are seeking talented senior engineers interested in learning and developing the “Core Query Processing Engine” that is at the heart of the Kinesis Analytics service. As an engineer on this team you will be working with other senior engineers to:
· Identify and implement novel query execution algorithms
· Implement SQL extensions that open up more use cases for our customers
· Build and optimize components for distributed query processing
· Identify and eliminate any performance and scalability bottlenecks
· Support query engine in production environment by troubleshooting issues, building tools, code instrumentation etc.