Come and join Amazon Web Services (AWS) as we redefine the IT Industry. We are building a business that has the potential to be at least as big as the Amazon.com retail business and are seeking world class candidates to contribute to this effort.
Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on helping partners implement new cloud products and business models by engaging with C-level executives, IT Professionals and influences at all levels? Can you take complex, existing business models and simplify them to a core set of business drivers and financial models that are easy to understand and apply? Are you good at defining and quantifying ROI, business value, benefits and helping companies drive organizational change and new product lines? Do you have the business background, technical depth, analytical skills and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon and our business partners as the leaders in cloud computing?
As a Partner Transformation Consultant within AWS, you will help AWS partners reshape existing products and services around cloud. To do this, you will work with AWS partners to build or transform their business to deliver high value solutions to our customers. You will do this by engaging with Partner Executives, facilitating workshops, and driving to a specific business transformational outcome that includes new business models and staffing plans. You will need to gather relevant data to build compelling ROI models and be able to guide executives through changes that need to be made by suppling quantitative evidence.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead the Business Development activities with top tier consulting partners and managed services providers supporting AWS Sales/Partner teams. You will serve as an expert resource on financial/business modeling and economic related partner engagements. You will also be responsible for designing facilitated workshops that drive topical outcomes (new service brainstorming, cost modeling, organizational change management, etc.), as well as helping top tier partners create long term sustainable AWS services in the US.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive executive engagement and buy-in at the highest levels of established partners. The candidate will have technical depth and prior business consulting experience to easily communicate the economic benefits of building an AWS Cloud Practice, or specific AWS service offerings such as Managed Exchange, Disaster Recovery, or Managed Big Data services. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of large consulting organizations and managed service providers. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT business, data center economics including data center migration and refresh cycles, and be capable of creating detailed cost and ROI models for these environments running on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Partner Business Development team in helping drive AWS Marketing and Sales engagements with our customers through our Partners.
- Work with AWS Partner Sales & BD teams, drive proactive of ROI/economic conversations with our partners.
- Develop a standard ROI framework and new spreadsheet models to be utilized by the AWS Partner team.
- Create a repository of collateral to be used by PDMs globally
- Create market insights into partner business practices and the common issues in building an AWS practice
- Work with internal stakeholder to communicate market realities regarding partners evolving needs
- Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team
- Design Facilitated workshops and exercises that include data collection, data analysis, consensus building, and organizational buy-in.
- Productize select use cases like Disaster Recovery for our partners and build specific models (economic and enablement) around these use cases