Take the earth's most customer-centric company. Mix in millions of
shoppers spending billions of dollars annually and an opportunity to use
your skills in machine learning and data mining to improve product
recommendations and search. What do you get? The best job in the
internet today - PERIOD.
The charter of Amazon’s Personalization team is to recommend the “right" product to the “right" customer at the “right" time. We generate
personalized product recommendations for millions of customers each day, in a blink of an eye, thousands of times a second.
If you are a strong software engineer with a background in Machine
Learning, who is passionate about turning massive amounts of data into
actionable insights, then this is the right opportunity for you.
You will work with a team of highly skilled and motivated scientists and
engineers, who are building the next generation of personalization
products at Amazon. Our team advances the state-of-the-art in
personalization by using machine learning, and leveraging Amazon’s vast computing resources (AWS) and data. As part of your job, you will deal with large amounts of training data, rapidly prototype new models that meet stringent performance requirements, and perform offline and online testing.
- Research and use of statistical techniques to create scalable
solutions for business problems
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of
Amazon's historical business data to help automate and optimize key
features and processes
- Work closely with scientists and engineering teams to create and
deploy new features
- Work closely with stakeholders to optimize various business operations
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale
data analyses, model development, validation and implementation.
- Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling
management reporting on a regular basis