oes the idea of managing a team that builds taxonomies to highlight all of Amazon.com’s mammoth selection from door knobs to books to things that haven’t even been invented yet sound fun?
Do you re-shelve misplaced books when you see them in a bookstore or library? Do you have a custom metadata and tagging scheme for your photo library? Did the Album organizing scene in High Fidelity speak remind you of yourself?
We are looking for a smart and passionate leader to join our Browse Taxonomy leadership team. This person will manage a team of Taxonomists who build world-class, intuitive, and comprehensive taxonomy and ontology data that is used across Amazon to optimize product discovery and classification. As a Browse Manager you will have the opportunity to build global strategies for Taxonomy, help lead an amazing collection of Taxonomists with great team spirit, and help make sure our taxonomies are leveraged to build great website features for customers.
- Manage a team of taxonomists who develop taxonomy structures to organize Amazon.com’s extensive product selection for customers
- Expand and refine data retrieval techniques to utilize our extensive product catalog and make sure products end up in the right place for our customers
- Coordinate cross-functional projects with a broad range of merchandisers, engineers, designers, and other groups
- Analyze website metrics and customer behavior data to make intelligent decisions on optimizing our taxonomy navigation structures
- Build roadmaps
- Help make the right decision for internal and external customers