Despite growing at a stupendous rate, e-commerce has barely scratched the surface of the total retail commerce. The next step in the e-commerce revolution is to bring the advantages of the e-commerce to the local and regional commerce. The International Expansion team is building a team to define, design and develop solutions for enabling the local and regional e-commerce from the customer experience to the logistics and transportation.
As an experienced engineers you will work with senior engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the global platforms. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
At a strategic level, our development team will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. The solution entails building features from scratch for all aspects of the business ranging from inventory planning and procurement to customer and seller experience on a brand new website.
- Design, implementation, and deployment of applications that impact the business with an emphasis on Payments, Customer Account Management, Merchant platform and e-Commerce website development.
- Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
- Work extensively with cross-functional teams across Amazon’s website, ecommerce and fulfillment platform on the design and development of core platform functionality
- Work with the business team and project managers to convert functional requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Work with engineers both onsite and offsite to define technical tasks and build detailed implementation plans.
- Participate in and provide design inputs towards the Platform initiative for streamlining international expansions.
The ideal candidate will be a leader, builder and operator. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The leader needs to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.