IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity content, reaching an audience of more than 250 million unique visitors per month. IMDb Professional services, including IMDbPro, Withoutabox, and Box Office Mojo, help entertainment industry professionals manage their professional presence online, find the information they need to excel at their jobs, discover talented independent filmmakers, and distribute and promote their films to a worldwide audience.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. UX Researcher to help us hone the IMDb Professional Services user experiences.
As the Sr. UX Design Researcher, you will report directly to the Head of User Experience in our Santa Monica office. As the first member of the research team, you will work closely with the new researcher of our sibling group, IMDb for consumers, to establish processes and carve a place for research within the IMDb organization. You’ll also be an active member of the broader Amazon User Research community.
You’ll be responsible for driving research strategy and execution. You will perform evaluative research to identify opportunities for experience improvements, plus generative/exploratory research to answer big questions about user needs and behaviors. You must have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices, an unrelenting passion for understanding our users, and the ability to effectively tailor your communication style to customers, designers, stakeholders, and leadership.
· Translate business goals into research questions and develop research plans
· Determine the type of study most appropriate to target the desired information
· Recruit and schedule study participants
· Create and manage research roadmap and calendar
· Design and conduct research that reliably informs product roadmap prioritization and design decision-making, employing best practice methods such as ethnographic research, user interviews, needs and satisfaction surveys, usability studies
· Manage external research resources as needed (e.g. recruiting services, supplemental researchers for large projects)
· Perform thorough data analysis
· Identify user pain points and suggest measureable action to address them while also achieving business objectives
· Present findings in both written and verbal formats
· Provide concrete success metrics that quantify the impact of research and testing
· Stay abreast of industry trends and applicable external studies, and present what is learned to the design team