Are you looking for a leadership role on one of the most innovative categories at Amazon? Do you thrive in building something from scratch only to watch it grow and impact the millions of customers who use your product on a daily basis? Invention has become second nature at Amazon, the pace of innovation is only accelerating, and the breadth of our businesses expanding. Amazon’s growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new products, unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
The Amazon Fire tablet Sales, Marketing, and Engagement Organization is looking for a leader who will own the strategy and tactics to launch all of our Hardware and Software Programs and build programs that drive device sales. You and your team will work with the Product Management team to help drive future product roadmaps, develop product marketing and positioning, lead Go-To-Market strategy and manage all work streams to take a product from concept to being on the store shelf. You and your team will also drive demand for existing programs.
The ideal candidate will be metrics-driven with strong ownership and focus. You will need to be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment, and communicate clearly and persuasively. This person is able to drive focus and excellence within the programs they own, with their colleagues in marketing and product management and with colleagues across the Amazon organization, including Retail, Business Development and third-party vendors. You will be at the center of exciting marketing programs that span across teams, and act as a single-threaded owner with your team on multiple projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Own Global Go To Market strategy for HW and SW projects
- Own all work streams across multiple cross functional teams needed to get products to market. This would include development of plans across online, offline retail, PR, naming, packaging, video assets, roadmap prioritization and other critical marketing channels.
- Work with the research team to identify, scope and execute qualitative and quantitative research projects to gain consumer insights for marketing strategy
- Understand and assess core product opportunities in order to proactively determine how to best sell and drive demand in a launch strategy
- Development of product positioning, claims and customer facing messaging
- Drive demand for sales online and offline
The ideal candidate is a passionate product marketing and go to market leader who has a track record of achieving (and measuring) great results through new consumer product launches and driving demand. He or she must be adept at product marketing, leading complex go to market launches, market research and working with product management and cross functional marketing channels (e.g. advertising, retail, online) teams. You should be comfortable driving high level business decisions, while experimenting with new strategies and getting your hands dirty on a successful product launch.