In this highly-visible role you will:
- Use statistical and Machine Learning techniques to find what matters most and apply your knowledge about data science by creating algorithmic solutions to make necessary assessments.
- Be the sole Data Scientist on our central BI Governance team and be the modeling, machine learning, marketplace insights SME in our org.
- Oversee org's ML, relevant selection, high-value-offering, recommendations building efforts
- Lead the org-wide education and adaptation in International Seller Services and ensure our organization uses of the existing platforms as necessary.
- Support complex Deep Dives and accelerate development of Seller recommendations in collaboration with the Business Analysts on our team
- Be one of the key contributors to the "business intelligence" we make available to drive the right sales recruitment and Seller business growth strategies across our organization.
- Create data models that will be used for publishing business insight briefings for executive leadership around the world (including VPs and marketplace leaders).
A little more about the role:
The International Seller Services organization has BA and BI teams in their local countries. The Business Intelligence & Strategy team, which is based in Seattle, is responsible to provide centralized organization-level business intelligence guidance to our leaders to make the right decisions in business strategy and Seller recruitment, while providing the BI governance for organization-level alignment, collaboration and efficiency.
We are seeking a talented, highly-motivated and experienced Data Scientist to join the International Seller Services Business Intelligence & Strategy Team to help us build the recruitment prioritization models and the business insights platforms that will be consumed by our sales teams and executive management across the world.
Some background on International Seller Services:
The Marketplace or “Selling on Amazon” business exists in 11 countries, exceeds 40% of Amazon’s total sales, and is growing in a major way. Each year, thousands of businesses join new marketplaces, thereby adding millions of new products. Amazon’s vision is to offer the Earth’s largest product selection and lowest prices to our customers. As the Sales teams within the International Seller Services organization around the world, we deliver on this vision is by recruiting and launching out-of-country Sellers onto Amazon platforms worldwide.