At Amazon, we're always working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a dynamic, organized, and customer-focused analytics, data science and machine learning leader who is interested in guiding key business decisions for one of Amazon’s key business verticals, Kindle Content. This position will work closely with senior management and manage a team that supports the worldwide Kindle Content organization by producing and delivering metrics, data, models and strategic analyses.
As the leader of the Analytics & Data Science team, you and your team of business analysts and data scientists will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should be passionate about working with huge datasets and be someone who loves to bring data together to answer complex business questions that deepen our understanding of our customers. You will lead the development of statistical and machine learning models and work closely with our engineering team to implement analytically intensive solutions designed to improve the success of the Kindle Content business and delight our customers. You will contribute to the company’s intellectual property and will be accountable for the quality, accuracy, and adoption of the analytical solutions your team develops.
This role requires an individual with excellent team leadership skills, outstanding business acumen, and the ability to work across Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, and Content teams, as well as country specific business leads to drive business outcomes. We are looking for a leader who is a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. Key Responsibilities include:
- Experience leading and developing a team of business analysts.
- Experience managing a team of Applied Scientists who develop robust and scalable Machine Learning models to solve business and customer problems.
- Working with functional business leaders to build scalable processes and metrics.
- Developing a long term analytical strategy and driving the implementation of that strategy.
- Using analytics to influence multiple departments, increasing their productivity and effectiveness to achieve strategic goals.
- Create and deliver reporting, critical for tracking and managing the business, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational metric reports.