Amazon Prime is looking for a talented business intelligence analyst to help our team fulfill their ever-growing information needs and support analysis of increasingly complex business questions. At Amazon Prime, understanding customer data is paramount to our success in providing customers with relevant and enticing benefits such as fast free shipping, instant videos, streaming music and free Kindle books in the US and international markets. You will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data environments.
As a business intelligence analyst with Amazon Prime, you will work daily with our marketing, delivery experience, and finance teams to provide the reports, dashboards, analyses, and metrics that give our stakeholders the timely, flexible and accurate data they need to plan and run the Prime business. Using Prime’s key reporting platforms based on Tableau, Oracle, Redshift, and other tools, you’ll build and maintain reporting solutions that are used for both daily and long term business decision-making. You will also work on training and documentation that will unlock the full power of our self-serve reporting platform and enable business teams to get the data they need independently.
You must be passionate about data-driven decision making, uncompromisingly detail oriented, smart, efficient, and driven to help our business succeed. You must love working with analytic tools, write excellent SQL queries, and be an advocate for your customers. You must also be able to manage timelines and coordinate your work with other team members. Your work must be accurate, timely, and insightful. You must be a self-starter and be able to learn on the go. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Key responsibilities include
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Ad hoc analyses (e.g. what’s the conversion rate of customers acquired through a specific associate, promo post-mortems, checkout vs other signup locations’ retention rate)
- Analysis of historical data to identify trends and insights.
- Statistical modeling – ability to parse out whether KPI changes are within a normal deviation based on WoW, MoM, and YoY trends
- Requirements gathering and translating business needs to technical solutions. Work with technology and BI teams to implement new reporting outputs
- Analysis of findings and trends using statistical and/or financial analysis, modeling, process documentation, profitability analysis, etc. Use data to tell the story of “why” in customer behavior. Share recommendations to drive high-impact business decisions for quality acquisition. Analysis may include recurring reports on a weekly/monthly/ad-hoc level.
- Identifies and recommends potential data sources; compiles/mines data from a variety sources and maintains data quality and cleanliness.