Would you like to become part of the team that is redefining the way IT is delivered to U.S. Department of Defense mission owners? Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) team working with DoD customers to transition workloads to AWS. You will work with the account representative, solution architects, and service team subject matter experts to remove obstacles, solve customer problems, and facilitate mission workload transformation.
You should have an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently. You should bring system engineering and business development skills and interests to this position. You will draw upon exemplary technical and project management, critical thinking, problem solving skills, and should have a passion for creating reliable and maintainable solutions on AWS. You should be open to new challenges, great at multi-tasking, and be innovative, creative, self-directed, and a great team player. You thrive on driving continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with aggressive cross-functional business and software development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions. You will interact with a broad cross section of Amazon Web Services spanning a wide range of technologies to meet specific national security requirements and mission delivery. You should have a passion to make things better and to work with mission owners to deliver solutions that enhance the end user experience and advance mission capabilities.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Meet regularly with DoD customers and mission workload development team leads to determine workload development/transition status, identify and remove development blockers, and develop plans for future enhancements.
- Solicit performance feedback, identify and eliminate blockers, identify and coordinate resources needed to move workload development forward.
- Work with mission owners and workload development teams to coordinate with subject matter experts, solutions architects, and professional service engineers.
- Track and report workload transformation and capacity planning metrics to mission owners and team to ensure capacity and professional resources are provided ahead of demand.
- Meet regularly with enterprise account managers to provide status, plan and manage transfer of new opportunities from prospect to workload in progress.
- Participate in and support enterprise account manager customer engagements focused on moving from first-call to active project/program moving to AWS.