Director of HR - North American Fulfillment
This is a Field based Director role that will support a large Region(s) of Fulfillment Centers across North America. Experience and passion for leading a large geographically dispersed team and leading non-exempt workforces is needed. You must be a big thinker, have a love of data and metrics, be innovative and be able to build, develop and motivate the team at a large scale.
At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people to lead Human Resources. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our company as the Director of Human Resources for our Worldwide Operations team. In this position, you will work with the North American Fulfillment team to ensure: HR strategies are aligned and executed against business goals, ensure strong leaders continue to join Amazon.com and are developed to assume larger leadership roles, HR processes are continually improved, and a positive employee relations environment continues within the expanding North American fulfillment center network.
You will need to understand the business - its structure, culture and customer base; assess human resources needs in the areas of performance management, employee relations, recruiting, compensation, leadership development and temporary staffing agency vendor management. The Director of Human Resources will be an integral part of the North America Fulfillment and Operations HR Leadership teams. This leader will take a hands-on approach and be comfortable communicating with all levels of management and employees, both in Seattle and in the field. Job responsibilities will include:
· Lead a team of HR professionals comprising Sr. HR Managers, HR Managers, and HR Business Partners.
· Create and execute network headcount, talent acquisition and employee development strategies across WWops HR org.
· Support positive employee relations initiatives for the North American network’s hourly workforce; including regular communications, survey administration, analysis, action plans maintaining consistency across site management teams.
· Lead implementation of shared services model for HR administration.
· Process owner for network wide performance evaluation, reward, development and feedback processes.
· Member of the Senior HR Leadership staff creating the HR strategy for Amazon.com. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required in HR or related field
- 10+ years human resource leadership
- Experience supporting hourly employee client groups
- Experience in call center, distribution center, or manufacturing environments
- Experience leading and developing HR and Operations professionals
- Knowledge of employment laws
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Experience with MS Office Suite, HRIS, People Soft
- Experience in Labor Relations and compensation management
- Advanced degree from a top tier graduate school. (MBA or Masters in HRM preferred) *Resume that shows steady progression in HR Management for the last 7 – 10+ years *Strong evidence of stretch assignments that are evidence of superior performance in previous roles
- Prior experience leading, coaching, and mentoring direct reports and leading large HR teams with talented HR professionals
- 5-10+ years of experience in Fortune 500 companies that adhere to a high hiring standard that equals Amazon and mentors their brightest employees to accept greater challenges.
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation