As earth's most customer-centric company, Amazon strives to earn and grow customer trust in every dimension including ensuring that its product selection is in 100% compliance with legal, safety and other regulations worldwide. Technical systems to address this problem at the Amazon scale face unprecedented challenges. For instance, how do you teach a machine to develop the smarts to be able to tell between a toy gun and a real weapon in close to real-time? Problems of such extraordinary scale and precision require out of the box thinking and application of the state of the art technologies to automate all aspects and help Amazon forge ahead and maintain a competitive business advantage.
As a Principal Technical Program Manager in the Selection Compliance programs you will envision, design, deliver, plan and drive tech innovations to ensure compliant business operations. Specifically, you will partner with Amazonians in Legal, Product Compliance, Finance and International Trade compliance groups, to translate the business requirements into world class technical specifications. You will work closely with multiple development teams to design, architect and deliver solutions. Technologies you will employ to solve these complex real-world business problems include Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Image Recognition, Elastic Computing, Spark, and a host of other state of the art AWS technologies. You will have end to end ownership - all the way from defining the strategy to measuring metrics to monitoring day to day progress of these programs across all of Amazon. You will provide direct visibility to senior leadership on all aspects of your programs on a regular cadence.
You must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, be analytical and possess excellent problem-solving skills. Your oral and written communication skills will be superlative and excel in stakeholder relationship management. You will be passionate about your work, see the big-picture yet be detail-oriented and be organized. You will have proven leadership skills in a very fast-paced highly demanding environment.You will have a strong software development background with experience in software development cycle, and in managing and delivering large cross-functional programs. Fluency in SQL and Excel for data analysis purposes is a must. You will be calm and composed in times of crisis and be able to respond to escalations with data and causal analysis.
Key Performance Areas
- You will manage business requirements, design, performance expectations and goals with all stakeholder teams.
- You will partner with management to define strategy and build road maps for the programs you own.
- You will track real time service levels and schedule adherence, and ensure the individual stakeholder teams meet and exceed their performance targets.
- You will be responsible for the overall coordination, quality and productivity and will be the primary point of contact for world-wide stakeholders of programs that you run.
- Liasing with remote teams across time-zones is a given. In addition you will be responsible for ensuring the safety, security and integrity of Amazon’s systems and data.
- Through out, you will internalize Amazon’s Leadership Principles, and live those into everyday practices to guide your programs to success.