Software Development Manager – Payments Experience Team
Are you a fun, energetic and creative leader? Do you love nurturing and growing high performance teams, high-fiving their successes, and inventing imaginative solutions to seemingly impossible problems? Are you ambitious, and long to be at the beating heart of one of Amazon’s fastest growing opportunities?Then you want this job!
We are the Amazon Business Payments Experience team, and we’re looking for a talented leader for our most critical and exciting product, Pay By Invoice
.Wait, what? Invoicing? Boring! I want to work on something really cool, like, er, machine learning…
Be at peace, and allow us to expand your mind…. with data.
Amazon Business is a marketplace on Amazon.com that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits that address the needs of businesses. We launched on Amazon.com on April 28th 2015. In June 2016, we publicly announced that we generated over US $1B in revenues in our first 12 months. The potential Business-to-Business (B2B) market in the US is twice that of the consumer marketplace everyone knows Amazon.com for ($8 trillion compared to a $4 trillion). More than 80% of that business is conducted using invoicing. Pay By Invoice
is our gateway to that opportunity.
Pay By Invoice is a core component of Amazon Business's strategy. We need to build experiences that allow enterprise customers to move their planned spend on a recurring basis to Amazon. Enterprise customers want to leverage Amazon Business to access hundreds of millions of products, business-only selection, free two-day shipping, business pricing, multi-user business accounts, approval workflow, business payment solutions, tax exemptions, dedicated business customer support and much more. None of this is possible without Payments, and for businesses that means Pay By Invoice
By owning Pay By Invoice
, you will own the primary experience that customers will need to take advantage of Amazon Business. You will be at the fast-beating heart of our operation.
By joining Amazon Business you will be joining one of the most exciting new teams at Amazon, right at the beginning. This is a unique opportunity to shape our destiny. Glory and career opportunities abound for the ambitious manager.
Pay By Invoice is being delivered by the Amazon Business Payments Experience team. Our charter is to invent new ways for customers to pay for their purchases. Most online payments tools are stuck in 1994: fill out a form, shipping details, billing address, click submit. Our goal is to do for payments what Amazon has done for online shopping in general… make it as painless and friction-free as possible, on as many platforms and devices as we can. We have a tough and critical roadmap, but we also have fantastic leaders and mentors to help get us there.
But this gig isn’t for everyone. We are seeking a leader who wants to be disruptive, and who is unafraid of mighty challenges. You only want this job if the following description sounds familiar:
- You want to build something real. Machine Learning might by ‘in’ right now, but you believe there’s nothing sexier than brown boxes arriving at offices and businesses all over the world.
- You thrive on chaos and change, can roll with the punches, and can invent your way out of a corner.
- You want to learn new business areas, dive into the details, wallow in data, and make fast, accurate, technical decisions.
- You can imagine customer experiences far better than those you’ve encountered yourself.
- You are looking for a team that will give you headroom to grow both your technical skills and your business acumen.
- You are passionate about technology, but more passionate about solving complex business problems at scale.
- You get a kick out of developing yourself, and the individuals in your team. You take satisfaction in their growth, celebrate their successes, and will go the extra mile to give them a great experience in your team.
In the Payments Experience team we work hard to make life fun and productive for our engineers. But we’re not perfect. You should have ideas for how you think we can do things better. Here’s where we are today:
- We experiment with whatever technology we need to get the job done. Suggestions welcome!
- We’re into Lean Software Development including Kanban.
- We’re huge proponents of Test-Driven Development and fully automated Continuous Deployment.
- We focus relentlessly on engineering and operational excellence. We only build it once, and it works first time.
If you think you’ve got the right stuff for Payments Experience, get in touch and we’ll tell you more.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.