Amazon Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows. From one service, we're delivering versatile ways to watch hundreds of thousands of titles on the web, mobile devices, and hundreds of Internet-connected TVs, Blu-Ray players, set top boxes.
Design is at the center of innovation at Amazon Video. As a UX Design Technologist leader at Amazon, you possess both UX design and engineering expertise and are able to develop, prototype, and test innovative UI solutions that push the envelope of front-end engineering. Your work inspires development teams and leaders to invest in new ideas and ensures design intent is delivered to customers as actual product.
Amazon Video is seeking a UX Design Technologist Manager to provide creative and technical expertise within the UX Design practice. In this role you will use a variety of tools and technologies to prototype new ways of interacting for mobile, web, and devices. You will prove UX concepts at a variety of fidelities, including working samples and reference code, throughout the design process. You are well versed in an appropriate mix of development and prototyping platforms and tools, and will select the best and most appropriate platform for the task. When possible, you are able to deliver code on the platform upon which the experience will ship, and you know when doing so is not necessary or practical. You understand the strengths and weaknesses of the delivery platform, and are able to identify opportunities and work creatively within the constraints it imposes.
You will lead a small, highly capable team of design technologists, working directly with designers, researchers and engineers, iterating on concepts that start and end with the customer. You will help design, implement, and refine prototypes that inspire action around the results. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively participate in concept development and design ideation as part of a small team.
- Rapidly build and iterate on polished, high-fidelity prototypes that express design intent, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task.
- Develop functional prototypes to prove and sell concepts to development teams and senior leadership.
- Partner with engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to shipping products and services.
- Be able to work creatively through and around perceived limitations and/or challenges imposed by the delivery platform to create delightful experiences for customers.
- Lead large, wide impact DT projects. Examples could include a specific tool or feature that crosses many disparate areas of the site or product line.
- Lead others and set direction in the face of ambiguity
- Participate in annual planning and end-to-end design process
- Evaluate and document any new creative and/or engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work
- Proactively mentor and develop other Designers and Design Technologists
- Effectively present work to all levels of leadership