Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. Echo is always on — just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more.
Customers love what Alexa can already do, but want to connect her to the apps, services, and devices they also use. We are actively building a developer ecosystem so developers can create voice experiences for their apps and services — no need for taps or swipes. We've launched an Alexa channel on IFTTT so customers can connect Alexa to other things. And we have more extensiblity plans that we can't talk publicly about just yet.
As a Senior Manager, Product Management for Alexa extensibility, you will define all the ways customers can extend Alexa to meet their needs. This ranges from how customers discover, enable, and manage Alexa apps and connections to 3rd party services to how Alexa works with 3rd party IoT devices. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
- Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals