Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com
, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce innovative devices like our best-selling Echo, e-readers and tablets, and Fire TV. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.The Role:
Accurate and precise metrology is a critical component of engineering success. As an Optical Metrology Engineer you will support the display and optics teams by providing test methods, specifications, lab equipment, and lab software. You will work on display and LED components in various consumer electronics during both engineering and production phases.
• Develop automated test systems including instrument control, data acquisition, results analysis, and reporting using MATLAB and other software languages.
• Own/maintain/calibrate optical and electrical test equipment.
• Troubleshoot hardware, software, and configuration issues in test fixtures, prototypes, and production products using various lab test equipment.
• Collect and analyze data to produce reports and recommendations for cross-functional teams.
• Generate specification and procedural documents.