The Author team at Amazon/Goodreads is seeking a Sr. Product Manager to build innovative experiences to enable authors to engage with readers who love their books. She/he will work on products across Amazon and Goodreads that enable authors to establish their brand, then find and engage with segments of their fans in ways that delight readers.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of building engaging experiences within social networks, with a keen sense of how to engineer the right types of interactions that delight without overstepping boundaries. This role will need to partner and influence effectively across a number of teams at Amazon and Goodreads, including at the Director level and above.
This role is based in Seattle.Responsibilities
- Define the product vision and roadmap for products and services to help authors engage with their fans and manage their brands online.
- Write customer-focused product specs and define and track success metrics for all projects.
- Work closely with design, engineering, marketing, customer care, and finance to bring our projects to life, measure their success, and define and prioritize future improvements. Build, measure, learn and repeat!
- Manage project schedules and dependencies, and drive cross-functional initiatives.
- Conduct or commission market research, usability studies, and focus groups to identify benchmarks and build business cases for solving customer problems. Engage with customers to identify key product issues in market.
- Leverage data analysis skills to research difficult or ambiguous problems, leading cross-disciplinary teams where necessary and communicating recommendations to senior leadership.
- Be a key stakeholder and influence other product teams across and beyond the Kindle organization.
- Do whatever it takes to deliver products that delight authors and consumers.