Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a highly effective candidate to identify, create, develop and integrate innovative technology to deliver the best operating, lowest cost infrastructure in the world.
This individual will lead the sourcing of memory technologies and products to better meet our customers rapidly growing infrastructure needs. Successful candidates will bring strong knowledge of Semiconductor supply chains and proven ability to drive product roadmaps from concept through mass production.
AWS serves over a million active customers in more than 190 countries. We are steadily expanding global infrastructure to help our customers achieve lower latency and higher throughput. As our customers grow their businesses, AWS will continue to provide infrastructure that meets their global requirements.
Professional traits that are necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Strong results orientation
• Think big
- Develop NAND and DRAM sourcing strategy for AWS hardware infrastructure.
- Understand hardware Industry trends and technology trends on his/her respective category.
- Identify key technology trends in the industry and drive supplier product roadmaps and execute on strategic initiatives in those products
- Negotiate and implement complex supplier agreements and contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Develop negotiations strategies to deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationship with suppliers.
- Responsible to provide weekly core-team updates, deliver executive level updates on a monthly basis, and will be responsible for vendor escalations in order to resolve any issues related to his/her category
- Presentation via written narratives