Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking Amazon device designed around your voice. Echo is always ready – talk to friends and family with Alexa calling and messaging or just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more.
You will help build a core platform team to support these new communications related services and customer experiences. You will help establish technical standards and drive the overall technical architecture and engineering practices. You will work on all aspects of the software development, however focus on the hardest problems to ensure the services we build are secure, performant and scalable, and the customer experience is world class. You will build high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. You will think globally when designing and building the software, ensuring the software is evolving in the right long term direction while bringing value to customers weekly.
You will be joining a select group of a people making history by building services on top of one of the most highly rated products in Amazon's history. As a Senior Software Engineer You Will Be Expected To
• Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
• Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, and engineering best practices.
• Effectively research and benchmark Amazon technology against competing systems in the industry.
• Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
• Exert technical influence over the core platform teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your knowledge and experience.