As a Manager, Software Development, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of large-scale back-end platform services that are fundamental to our product. You should have an established background in designing and building highly scalable systems, excellent project management skills, excellent communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems, and establishing development processes.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle for a set of back-end services
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management