Eager to work on hard problems that are critical to Amazon and its customers? Want to work with a high-energy, high-morale team in an environment where you are encouraged to learn and try new things?
Join Amazon's Item Matching team and help develop the software that matches millions of new product descriptions per day to existing items in Amazon's vast catalog. This core bit of functionality is instrumental in providing Amazon's customers with a quality experience. We greatly simplify the product discovery process, we drive price competition on our platform, and we ensure that customers who order shoes won't be sent toasters.
Taking your ideas from inception to deployment, you will apply your software engineering expertise to shape, refine, and redefine a large distributed system. You will come up with new data-driven ways to improve the system and to make it more accessible to business owners who need to master and tame its complex logic to spur growth for our customers.
- Participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
- Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
- Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
- Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation. Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
- Mentor junior development engineers.