Amazon.com's Retail Operations & Initiatives team is seeking a bright, articulate, detail-oriented, and visionary Senior Product Manager to join our team.
From Day 1, Senior Product Managers are given ownership of large scale products, the autonomy to think strategically and make data driven decisions, and the ability to drive significant impact to the customer experience and the business. A senior product manager role with the Retail Operations & Initiatives team provides the unique opportunity to shape products and lead solutioning across multiple businesses lines while being pushed to grow into a senior leader who thinks big, acts globally, and delivers for customers
In this role, above all, you will continuously step back, identify the ideal experience, and then create the roadmap to reach it. You will identify and drive automation to resolve existing dissatisfiers and also predict and prevent future issues. You will deeply analyze current experiences to define features and process improvements, drive projects end-to-end, and collaborate with technical teams to implement solutions - then analyze and publish the results. You'll shape your strategy in a rapidly evolving environment. With stakeholders spanning the company - retail, technology, and operations - you'll have frequent opportunities to influence significant decisions.
A successful Senior Product Manager will be able to understand, prioritize, and manage key financial levers and operations/technical concepts. The candidate will have excellent product and program management skills, communication proficiency, and motivation to deliver results in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should demonstrate a passion for working on behalf of customers, have a track record of timely delivery of large scale projects, and have the ability to operate independently. Composure, judgment, negotiation skills, influence, creativity, and leadership skills are all essential.
- Identify and analyze quantitative and qualitative data on vendor interactions and the offer creation process to continually improve processes and iterate on solutions.
- Own the long-term vision, strategy, and roadmap for your product area as it matures, maintain a deep competitive awareness and think big to identify global business opportunities worthy of investment.
- Determine root causes, develop business cases, test/implement solutions and prioritize competing opportunities.
- Partner with business, operations, and technology stakeholders and leaders across the organization to drive strategic initiatives through leadership and influence.
- Operate with significant autonomy to deliver results and achieve the goals and objectives of both your team and the broader organization.
- Create and automate reports and clearly communicate ideas to all stakeholders (internal and external), including senior management.