Amazon is seeking an experienced Manager to join its income tax provision and reporting team. This specific role will be involved in all aspects of US GAAP reporting of income taxes with an overall focus on the internal communication with respect to Amazon’s worldwide income tax provision results and related SEC reporting. This role will have high visibility to the Company’s finance leaders and tax department management team. The Amazon tax department is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment.
• Ownership of the management reporting function for Amazon’s income tax provision and reporting group
• Communication of quarterly provision results to Amazon Tax Management and its global finance partners; including Investor Relations, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Central Accounting
• Application of income tax reporting guidance (ASC 740) to different fact patterns in order to determine the appropriate U.S. GAAP accounting
• Analyze business transactions and articulately document income tax provision impact in memorandum form
• Develop tax provision reporting packages and analytics for specific finance stakeholder groups
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create scalable calculation models in order to appropriately record quarterly financial statement impact of tax positions
• Assist in the preparation and review of the tax sections of the company’s SEC reporting and footnote disclosures (10Q and 10K)
• Research and monitor issues and changes in accounting for income taxes and related disclosures; communicate impact on Amazon’s financial statements in a simplified manner to non-tax finance partners
• Initial access to a pool of tax provision managers and analysts with which to leverage for preparation tasks; eventually will have the opportunity to build a team to manage, mentor, and deploy.
• Visibility into all of Amazon’s global tax reporting positions in each discipline of income tax reporting (federal, state, foreign)