Amazon is seeking an extremely talented Strategic Business Development Leader. Strategic Business Development is part of a centralized Corporate Development team and is responsible for generating, managing, and executing some of Amazon’s most complex and high impact partnership activities. This includes managing relationships and negotiations for partnership deals which are unconventional in nature, need a centralized advocate, and/or have broader implications to multiple Amazon business units. We regularly work with major technology companies as well as high-growth start-ups to identify new partnership opportunities. Our work spans across Amazon’s business units, and this position will leverage your strong understanding of digital media, commerce, and high-tech industries to structure forward-thinking partnerships.
This key role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Amazon, and you will need to work collaboratively with internal management teams to understand where our relative advantages or risks lie, if/when major features are in existing roadmaps, and current trends around innovation, consolidation and customer adoption. We dive deep and provide thoughtful analysis, but are adaptable and action-oriented, focused on quickly gaining enough context to enable informed decision-making. Executing strategic partnerships is our primary objective.
We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic thinker, who is passionate about Amazon and the future of media and the Internet. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast paced setting that is constantly evolving. Proving you are an effective negotiator is a critical part of this job. Strategic Business Development is a small, tight-knit team who values authentic, strong willed individuals that think creatively and will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of Amazon’s businesses.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage partnerships that can involve marketing, content, commerce, and technology components.
- Evaluate the economic and strategic cost-benefit of partnerships.
- Lead cross-functional teams including Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Tax, Accounting, and senior management to execute on the relationships.
- Develop best practices to foster, manage, and track opportunities.
- Support the strategic objectives and interests of Amazon’s business teams on a global basis.