The Compliance Lead will be an experienced HIPAA professional to own and operate the security and compliance elements of the project. As a Program Manager on this project, you will work alongside a team of systems engineers, software developers and machine learning scientists to define and execute on the program's strategic goals and day-to-day operations.
Critical to the success of this program is that you have the ability to apply HIPAA requirements to novel technology products and work in tandem with AWS compliance and AWS security teams to deliver results. A significant part of your job will be to ensure that our software products meet our HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA) requirements as well as the Guidance set forth at the national level . You will develop leading edge security & compliance practices to ensure AWS continues to be a leader in technology innovation and HIPAA security assurance automation. The ideal candidate should have proven HIPAA expertise in a fast-moving information technology setting.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with external and internal teams to create a scalable and repeatable HIPAA Security & Compliance Program (includes criteria, scope, accountability, control procedures, test procedures, etc) to ensure AWS business processes and technology products are in compliance with HIPAA security & privacy requirements.
- Driving the onboarding, audit, and launch activities of new datasets and features of our service
- Tracking & reporting against the HIPAA program's operational planning goals to ensure all milestones are met and that blocking issues are escalated and resolved effectively
- Delivering data analysis, metrics and executive dashboards for the program
- Owning and managing stakeholder communications, providing status as needed and be the point of contact for questions and concerns including
- Maintaining the program's audit- and inspection-readiness posture