Amazon Prime’s vision is to become Earth’s largest and most loved membership program. We are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial and technical Senior Manager of Software Development to lead the development of Prime’s Membership Management Experience and services that power it. This is a core strategic role for Prime and you
will be at the forefront of Prime’s innovation and growth.
As a leader here, you will define the long term strategy, grow and lead your high performing teams to build, scale, monitor, and optimize their platforms. You will directly interface across both business and technical leaders of Prime and Amazon to influence key strategic decisions.
Get to know the team:
- We are relentless advocates for Prime members and we own experiences that helps them make the right decisions.
- We are passionate about Prime members and love to see our work’s impact on Earth’s largest and most loved membership program.
- We obsess over big picture problems for Prime - ‘What it means to have Member experience for most loved membership program in history of retail ?"
- The changes we make directly impact every Prime Member on Amazon websites and platforms (mobile, desktop, set top)
- Our work is visible and central to many initiatives across Amazon, making this team central to it’s stakeholders at all levels of Prime and Amazon
- We like all aspects of Software - building great customer experiences, building platforms that are used by other teams and owning scalable services
- We see failing forward and willing to take risks as essential for our long term success
- You are a visionary leader, builder, and operator. You have experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives.
- You enjoy balancing technical leadership, investment and strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
- You communicate effectively with senior stakeholders.
- You are passionate about striving for simplicity, and at the same time demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment.
- You will drive strategic planning and project execution, recruit, hire, and develop the industry’s top engineering talent.
- You will be responsible for multiple areas of significant impact and will manage multiple teams.
- You will define strategic direction for your teams, while diving deep as needed. You will build your teams to independently innovate and deliver results, while verifying completion/quality.
- You will audit efficiently, developing processes to track your team’s metrics, identifying if projects are at risk and get them back on track.