Goodreads is the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations. Founded in 2007, Goodreads is where readers find and share books they love. Used by avid and casual readers alike, Goodreads members can discover new books by seeing what their friends are reading or by using the Goodreads Book Recommendation Engine; share ratings and recommendations; track what they have read, and list what they want to read. Goodreads is also a place where authors connect with readers. Goodreads is a subsidiary of Amazon.
Goodreads is looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead our Authors team. This team's charter is to help authors and readers connect. This is an early-stage business for Goodreads and you’ll have a large influence on the features we build for authors.
In this role you will:
- Provide technical guidance to senior leadership on Goodreads’ long-term roadmap.
- Provide technical guidance to your team and in turn coach your team to provide guidance to other engineering groups at Goodreads.
- Define estimations, plans, and milestones for your teams’ projects, track progress and provide updates on a regular basis.
- Work with teams across Goodreads and Amazon to ship amazing world-class products to millions of users
- Coach your team to think about projects from the customer's perspective and drive high standards for excellence inside and outside your team.
- Refine your teams’ processes to streamline delivery to Goodreads customers.
- Participate in architecture reviews for your team and others.