Interested in Machine Learning? How about Amazon Echo? We’re building the machine learning platform behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As the Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of distributed workflow systems and machine learning infrastructure systems. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing distributed systems, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems, and will own defining the road map for your group.
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Customer engagement and product road map definition.
- The key requirement for this position is established skill designing and developing solutions to complex problems in a distributed systems environment.