Amazon Prime Engineering team is seeking an experienced Software Development Manager to join the Amazon Exclusive Program. You will be responsible for leading a team of 5-7 software engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of innovative services managing Amazon Exclusive for Prime members. We hire innovative engineers who enjoy working on innovative and customer obsessive UX, massively large scale and distributed, intelligent and complex systems. We need experienced managers that can deal with complex requirements, manage and mentor top tier developers, and deliver results.
Amazon Exclusive is a set of new benefits that offer Amazon Prime members exclusive access to a range of products, discounted member price, special deals and promotions. Amazon Exclusive also offers a selection in products that are otherwise not available to Amazon customers, at discounted prices.
You will have an established background in managing very large-scale, high-throughput systems; have a strong technical background, excellent project and people management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve the right results in a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilize agile software development processes. You are a results-oriented, customer-focused software development manager who gets excited about solving classes of problems and turns use case requirements into simple and easy tasks built upon your platform. You will work with senior management, engineering principals, other software engineering teams and managers, industry experts, product managers, and category leaders to help define the business requirements to expand, maintain and launch new high quality Amazon Exclusive benefits.
- Own end-to-end software solutions of Amazon Exclusive program
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best of class engineering team.
- Identity, define and work with product management to drive the long-term product strategy.
- Maintain a robust and clearly defined product backlog, mapping the path to achieve our goals.