Amazon’s Zeitgeist (aka Trend Mining) team seeks a Software Engineer to design and build Trend-based recommendations. It is part of Amazon’s Personalization and Recommendations group, responsible for popular features such as “Customers Who Bought Also Bought”. Zeitgeist owns and operates highly visible features on Amazon like Amazon Best Sellers and the best seller badge that helps customers make shopping decisions. It owns and operates data ingestion and processing pipelines that process millions of events every hour to surface timely trends to customers. A full stack team, it operates web services and user experiences that surface trends to customers when and where they need them. Its platforms are built on cutting edge AWS tech such as EMR, Spark and Dynamo DB. We are never finished optimizing, we continuously seek ways to be efficient at processing growing volumes of data. It’s still day one and we are finding new ways to surface new and interesting trends to customers.
As a Technical Program Manager on a fast paced and diverse team you will work with your peers, multiple business and engineering teams to build and ship these rich experiences. You will anticipate customer needs to design and build scalable platforms and machine learning algorithms that understand customer context and preferences. You will help coordinate dependencies with our partners, prioritize the right tasks, make trade-offs and improve our process making them predicable, to ensure timely delivery of our features.
We are a customer obsessed, experimentation driven team delivering features with high frequency, learning and adapting quickly while being passionate about our systems and algorithms. We drive customer curiosity and help them find products that they otherwise would not have. If you get excited showcasing your work to friends and family in popular media, you want to talk to us. Below are some examples that were recently featured.
Roles and responsibilities include:
· Working with cross functional teams within Amazon including software development, user experience design, machine learning scientists, technical program management, and product management to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and costs.
· Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly websites and customer facing features.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-driven decision making.
· Implementation orientation; demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into detailed product requirements.
· Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
· Communicating with senior leadership about product direction, launch strategy, key success metrics and new opportunities.