The Subsidiary Security team within Information Security is seeking an experienced Software Development Engineer who can raise the security bar across Amazon by designing and developing ways to automate, gather, evaluate and report on security status.
We are looking for software engineers that want to write applications and frameworks to gather, import and analyse data from multiple data sources, aggregate data sources, and analyse big data for metrics and reporting. The right approach may include integrations with existing aggregation and analysis systems and platforms. This role will also involve small tactical development projects to solve immediate needs. Engineers that enjoy solving complex and large-scale problems, personal responsibility, lots of influence on the solution design and development process, and an iterative approach to finding the right solution will thrive on our team.
· Work with our team of security experts to solve complex problems that haven’t been solved before, accepting that it may take several iterations and / or trial and error to figure out the right approach and solution.
· Given a technical objective, work with a team to determine the best design to meet the requirements in the time frame allowed and at Amazon scale.
· Implement designs you've created using Java, Ruby, JRuby, internal Amazon technologies, and AWS technologies.
· Write unit and integration tests to ensure your solutions are complete and accurate.
· Create monitoring and alarming to ensure your solutions behave correctly in production and alarm in a timely manner when issues arise.
· Participate appropriately in estimation and planning, feeding input to program managers.
· Initiate, perform, and respond to code reviews and design reviews.
· Research and learn new technologies to determine which best solves the problem you are working on