Amazon has a vast global operations workforce; the people who run the fulfillment centers, transportation hubs, and customer service for the company. Amazon believes strongly that technology is the best way to find and grow the best workers for these positions. High Volume Hiring(HVH) program focus is on automation of recruiting process to drive recruiting and onboarding at the hundreds of thousands per year scale. HVH builds features, enhancements, and enable synergy through integrations to seek benefits for World Wide Operations/Fulfillment Centers and Customer Service. Due to the high volume of transactions, bulk processing through asynchronous execution is used extensively in HVH. HVH team continues to seek out creative solutions via either AWS technologies(Lamda, DynamoDB, etc.), external technologies, or mixture of both.
The Amazon HVH People Technology team is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to project manage a software development team tasked with building high-volume, highly-scalable applications to enable Amazon to grow at a rapid pace. This will require coordination across several global teams. Prioritization, technical understanding of our products, understanding of the business and business impacts, and the ability to drive tools and process improvements within and between teams will add to the challenge of the role.
Salesforce is an integral component of the current platform and experience in working with teams that develop Salesforce custom applications will be a key component of the role.
- Lead initiatives and work closely with the development team and across the organization to enable successful delivery of solutions to the business
- Manage a release to test, validate and implement new features, sharing results across the organization.
- Work closely with product owners and development to bridge the gap between the business and technical requirements
- Provide expertise with regard to capacity management, level-of-effort estimation, task tracking and assignment.
- Collaborate with partner teams to define deliverables, roadmaps, and accompanying documentation for ad-hoc projects and programs.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance business needs versus technical constraints.
- Clearly communicate with technical owners, product managers, and upper management
- Drive process and tool improvements to increase throughput and quality.