When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Amazon is looking for Applied and Research Scientists whose job it is to make bold bets in order to invent on behalf of customers. We experiment rapidly using the latest machine learning techniques such as Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs), Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) and Matrix Factorization. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of Amazon's historical business data to help automate and optimize key features and processes.
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive new feature creation
- Work closely with stakeholders to optimize various business operations
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
- Research and implement novel statistical approaches