Do you want to reinvent one of life’s daily activities? Do you get excited by working in a high-growth and fast-paced environment? Amazon Kindle has reinvented reading. It is changing the way people consume digital media and continues to be one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. If you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems that deliver real value to customers, this is the team for you.
Kindle Author Team is looking for world class managers to grow a team of enthusiastic and smart engineers. Our goal is simple. Give authors the tools they need, connect authors to readers, and enable authors to build their brand.
You will love this job if this sounds like you:
- You are technically strong and take pride in solving hard problems.
- You are an owner; you build and maintain critical infrastructure that serves global customers every minute of the day.
- You excel in an agile environment where you collaborate daily with some of the smartest people in the industry.
-You have a passion for growing your people. You know when to encourage and when to push.
-You have an unparalleled ability to listen to others and incorporate what you hear into your plans.
We have no shortage of bright ideas but we need your help to turn them into reality.
Here are some reasons you should come work with us:
- You will build and own highly distributed and scalable products and services.
- You will work closely with a great team of software developers.
- You will understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale.
- You will understand our data-driven culture and how we make decisions that delight our customers.
This position requires a strong background in software development, agile methodology, client side software, backend services, customer facing software and scalable architectures.
1. Management of resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
2. Develop the long-term strategy for your programs and translate that into an achievable action plan. Execute against plans and roadmaps.
3. Work with engineers and development managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
4. Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to stakeholders and management.
5. Own the complete development life cycle of a program from inception to servicing.