Senior Recruiting Leader – Amazon Legal
Amazon Legal is seeking a Senior Recruiting Leader with a demonstrated history of defining and achieving impact through a strategic, analytical and hands-approach that motivates others to exceed expectations. A relatively new role, the leader will be tasked with innovating on current practices and designing new approaches. This leader will have a proven track record in anticipating future business needs and identifying necessary investments, while building infrastructure to ensure delivery of results across a global scaling business.
Our ideal candidate will bring broad industry perspective and strong business judgement to consult with, and influence, executive leadership. This leader will define solutions to drive organizational capability and have experience collaborating with business and HR leaders at the most senior levels of a global corporate enterprise. This leader will be responsible for the overall Legal recruiting organizations success across multiple business lines (for example: AWS, Devices/Alexa, Consumer, Amazon Video/Studios, Litigation and Regulatory services).
In this role you will apply your understanding of corporate and organizational priorities by translating them into a talent acquisition strategy that delivers results through ambiguity. You will collaborate with international partners to understand and evolve our Legal recruiting practice and needs globally. You will demonstrate strong analytical capabilities and be able to influence business leaders with clearly articulated, data-driven recommendations. Curiosity about our business, drive to recruit top talent, focus on candidate experience, and inventive thinking will be critical to meet the challenges of rapid growth. You will also be responsible for building and developing a world-class organization including ownership for the vision, direction and operational excellence. You will apply your passion for supporting growth and career development to the organization, raising the bar for individual and group success over time.
Our team has a passion for our customers and developing creative approaches to candidate engagement both short and long term; your experience will compliment and evolve our ability to deliver outstanding results with our Legal team responsible for impacting Amazon’s ability to grow and navigate business needs globally. Responsibilities
- Experienced trusted advisor, effectively consulting with senior (VP level) business leaders and recruiting peers to drive trans-formative change.
- Exceptional ability to partner with a wide variety of mid to senior level legal clients including, associate general counsels, corporate counsels, contract managers, and paralegals and other legal support.
- Passionate advocate for candidate experience; constantly improve the experience for candidates and influence clients to consider candidates as Amazon customers.
- Creative thinker; able to build and drive innovative sourcing strategies to generate a diverse slate of candidates with minimal reliance on external agencies.
- Strong command of data and analytics; uses data to influence change with clients and builds strong ROI cases for investment of resources (funding, headcount, etc.).
- Dedicated focus on developing self and others; coaches team members to grow and proposer in Amazon’s Global Talent Acquisition organization.
- Process oriented; creates standardized recruiting processes at all points in the candidate life cycle to improve recruiting efficiency and scalability.
- Ability to partner across geographies with respect and sensitivity to both local customs and team skill levels (entry to senior).
- Inherently curious about the legal function at Amazon; works to deeply understand the clients, improves business acumen in the legal space, and applies business knowledge of the legal function to improve assessment and placement of candidates.
- Strong command of data with the ability to create ad hoc reports using existing tools and partner with dedicated analysts to create advanced reports to meet global needs.
You can expect to work with a positive, creative, and supportive team who work hard and have fun! Many of us even bring our dogs to work! Our office overlooks beautiful downtown Seattle, we have onsite subsidized parking, and a great work location.
You’ll love working with us, and leading and growing a great group of talented recruiting professionals.