Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a best-in-class Software Developer Engineer for the Network Availability Engineering team in Broomfield, CO. This team is working in the heart of AWS global network. We are looking to hire motivated, best-in-class Software Development Engineers for our Seattle engineering centre. The engineers within our team are instrumental in allowing us drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand globally.
The team today owns a platform which auto-remediates the majority of network events, significantly lowering the ops burden for humans, while reducing the outage minutes of the network. Software Development Engineers in this team will work hand-in-hand with Network Engineering teams and Network Operations to automate and invent new ways of operating Amazon's Next-Generation Networks.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required, as well as experience initiating, driving and managing in-event conference calls. The desire and ability to work and lead in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazon's vast network infrastructure, Software Development Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think pro-actively and with innovation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.Responsibilities
- Lead software efforts, by assisting in designing new systems and collaborating with other teams to refine requirements
- Automate select network operation tasks through creation and maintenance of tools
- Be part of the team that shapes the Automation future in Network Operations
- Support the operation our next generation data-center networks.
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
- Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
- Reduce the end-to-end cost of delivering packets.
- Mentor more junior staff in software automation engineers, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Participation in interviewing
for more information