Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides cloud infrastructure for many of the worlds largest companies, and Auto Scaling ensures they have the capacity they require, when they require it. Auto Scaling intelligently and dynamically scales up applications during demand spikes and optimizes cost savings by scaling down when demand lulls. We are building the next generation of Auto Scaling, offering even more "cloud intelligence" to our customers.
We are a highly motivated, co-operative, and fun loving team of engineers who thrive on solving challenging problems and building large-scale distributed software systems, and we are looking for an experienced system development engineer to join our team.
- You get excited by cloud computing and want to build and manage systems to support the worlds largest cloud computing infrastructure.
- You are driven to continuously improve systems and processes, you are passionate about automation and DevOps.
- You are unafraid to take calculated risks, but maintaining secure, reliable systems is a badge of honor.
The selected engineer will:
- Dive deep and apply superb troubleshooting skills to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions via simplification and automation.
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation.
- Design system management solutions using automation and self-repair rather than relying on alarming and human intervention.
- Create processes that enhance operational workflow and provide positive customer impact.
- Invent simple and repeatable automation to replace manual, complex and error prone processes.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources.
- Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance at improving operational efficiency.
Our engineers, managers and leaders are innovators at heart; come join us and become integral to the technology company that is the past, present and future of real Cloud Computing.