Looking for a career at a company that seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company? Interested in leveraging technology to streamline the B2B procurement landscape? Eager to take on the challenge to grow and scale a multi billion dollar business at a fast pace?
If so, this is the right role for you. We at Amazon Business are applying the same entrepreneurial and innovative approach that has made Amazon the undisputed leader in the ecommerce and software services industry to create an unparalleled B2B procurement marketplace. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions, and everything in between. We believe that we are in a unique position to leverage Amazon’s strengths in wide selection, low prices and world-class convenience to provide exceptional value and differentiation in the B2B world. Our culture of working backwards from our customers and making data driven decisions sets us apart from others in the industry.
We are looking for a seasoned product leader to join our team in Austin or Seattle and invent and simplify the procurement experience on behalf of customers in healthcare, education and government. The first focus in this area is to simplify and streamline the way we handle sales taxes for businesses. These customers have unique needs when it comes to taxation, including full or partial exemptions and exemptions that span multiple jurisdictions. Also, like all businesses, they need to have clear documentation of the taxes that have been collected, and the effects of taxation need to be clear to them throughout their procurement experience.
Our vertical focus is incredibly important to growing Amazon Business, and our management of taxes is an area where we need to simplify and reduce friction for these customers. In this role, you will get the opportunity to work directly with both internal and external customers to shape the future of the program. You will be a thought leader in developing strategies to delight our vertical customers by earning their trust and making their jobs easier.
Specific responsibilities in this role will include:
1. Engaging with Customers, Sales, Marketing, and User Research to conduct in-depth research to understand the strategic and tactical procurement needs of our business customers.
2. Leveraging Amazon’s know-how and industry trends to identify the right strategy and solutions that will make our experience delightful for our customers.
3. Building and driving a multi-year vision and roadmap for the Amazon Business Accounts platform working with external customers and several internal groups within Amazon.
4. Directing, creating, and executing product plans to deliver new features, adoption programs, customer surveys, “how to” guides, and technical documentation.
5. Defining the business requirements, customer experience priorities and working closely with engineering to develop the right solutions.
6. Collaborating with partner teams and technical managers to move from vision to delivery, by launching a steady stream of feature improvements and new products.
7. Engaging with our global teams to enable the launch of new regions and marketplaces.
8. Engaging with our risk management organization and enabling them to identify strategic risk management investments.
The right product owner will be a proven leader and builder with energy and competencies to envision the right experience for customers, drive execution, and scale the product to match the business opportunity and fast growth. You will lead by example, being just as passionate about operational performance, security, and predictability as you are about innovation and delightful customer experience. You will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize and strike the right balance for driving adoption among existing customers and acquiring new customers fast.