Can be based in any US Fulfillment Center
Do you have an obsession for customers and a strong interest in building innovative solutions? Do you have proven analytical capabilities, exceptional communication, project management skills, ability to root cause and permanently eliminate defects, and possess the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment? The North American Fulfillment Network is seeking a qualified Sr Program Manager to build programs to error proof FC processes to sustain world class quality through explosive growth. In this role, you will dive deep into Fulfillment Center Processes, identify defect sources, and build programs and improve processes to eliminate those defects, both in existing and new fulfillment centers. This role calls for an individual who is technically smart to gain credibility with customers and stake holders at various levels of the organization.
The successful candidate:
- Is smart, hard-working and creative person who loves business, loves solving difficult problems and loves ‘getting it done.’
- Can think big and develop new ideas, simultaneously good at nurturing new ideas and applying high standards to weed out those that are least valuable.
- Is comfortable collaborating and influencing team members, working with development teams and other business groups, and presenting projects to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Has the ability to partner to build and execute on new initiatives and roadmaps each year.
- Will compile, manage and report on weekly project metrics and be responsible for leading many high profile meetings to align on project requirements.
- Build relationships and identify with stakeholders across the organization.
- Has the technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams.
- Has fulfillment center operational skills to identify and implement solutions that scale with our scale.
Examples of projects include leveraging technology such as machine learning to create risk profiles based on millions of data points that will replace logic for cycle counting.
We are also moving towards automation of physical cycle counting of inventory locations by using vision technology.
When defects occurs in our value stream, we will leverage a defect classification engine to automatically detect the defect and classify root cause in order to quickly drive action for countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence.
All of these efforts are focused on continuing to operate in ‘internet speed’ by reducing the click to deliver window for our customers while maintaining high inventory accuracy and keeping pace with our customers’ expectations! Example of additional projects:
Leveraging technology to stream real time quality performance feedback to our fulfillment center associates
Reducing operational complexity by automating decision making of cycle counting and prioritization of labor allocation
Root causing defects through machine learning. Creating meaningful software and process changes to design out future occurrences of scrap.
Leverage technology to automate the need for cycle counting, allow for remote counting and leverage robotics to support people in cycle counting activities