Tech Manager – Support Engineering
Interested in helping build new technology and tools for Alexa? Come join us!
The Alexa organization is looking for an experienced and motivated Tech Manager for our Support Engineering team. This candidate will be a primary member of a data collection team that works closely and efficiently with internal and cross functional teams. We raise the bar for large-scale data collections at Amazon. The ideal candidate will be curious, data-driven, flexible, detail-oriented, good with people and as comfortable in the field as in the lab.
Amazon is a fast-paced and exciting environment. This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction as well as the capacity to work quickly while delivering high-quality outputs.
* Contribute to Alexa growth initiatives by coordinating closely with internal team, HW, SW and Research teams
* Create effective processes to manage/prioritize incoming requests for team of Support Engineers and Data Technicians
* Manage a team of Support Engineers and Data Technicians to deliver results effectively and efficiently
* Be curious and learn on the fly about new hardware and new technology
* Have a love of numbers and use SQL to drive generation of metrics, set up continuous feedback loop to evaluate metrics, tools and processes
*Apply knowledge of audio, wireless and networking technologies, mobile devices and quality assurance practices to ensure projects stay on track
* Be the primary point of contact with tools team to identify bugs, improvements, test deployments, coordinate roadmap planning with Program Managers
* Ensure technical support processes support internal teams for trouble-shooting during live sessions, ensuring data integrity and upload, and documenting best practices.
* Examine processes and available tool sets to ensure the most accurate results in the lab and in the field.
* Ability to work effectively across a range of customers and team members to deliver on-time.
* Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to drive the highest quality through all phases of projects
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.