At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Data Center Global Services organization is looking for an exceptional individual with a successful, progressive career history in the area of structured cabling as a Senior Engineer for our Cabling Infrastructure Team. The Cabling Infrastructure team is responsible for low voltage structured cabling across the Amazon data center platform.
This position is located in Dublin, OH. The ideal candidate will possess a technology background that enables them to understand the complexities of the sophisticated network architecture of Amazon data centers. To be a qualified candidate for this role you must have experience operating in large-scale data centers and a display a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically, as this is needed to align the future of structured cabling with the larger objectives of the business.
This is a role for an experienced professional as it will be challenging and demanding. You will be responsible for design, materials, vendor selection, quality and standards.
You must be passionate about the Customer Experience, think and act globally and want to contribute to innovations in the area of structured cabling. Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
Serve as authoritative quality assurance mechanism for the team
- Ensure adherence to budget and timelines
- Adhere to higher standards but developing standards and holding teams to higher standard.
Scope of Work as follows but not limited to;
Project Initiation Phase
- Identify Amazon’s Data Center build out requirements and infrastructure cabling specification for the project
- Create conceptual design for the infrastructure cabling plant
Budgeting for network racks, structured cabling system with associated components
- Identify the requirements for Cable Routes, cable ladder, basket, tray within the data center.
Detail design and procurement Phase
- Prepare and deliver detail design drawing and document sets related to infrastructure cabling plant for the project
- Create and review overhead and under-ground/floor cable pathway designs for infrastructure cabling.
- Review and consolidate backbone cabling and telecommunication carrier’s incoming route requirements.
- Responsible for Infrastructure cabling material selection.
- Identify technical and commercial requirements to be set-out in the RFP documents, prepare RFP documents, assess and evaluate RFP responses and create recommendation reports for bid process.
- Vendor/ contractor supervision and management related to infrastructure cabling.
- Coordination of design, project timeline/ schedule and construction works with other contractors, project teams and construction teams.
- QA and auditing before and after infrastructure cabling plant handover.
- Management of handover documentation and project closure documents.
- Patching and coordination and arrangement.
- Create and maintain metrics and procedure documents.
- Purchase order arrangement and financial controls for infrastructure cabling related activities.
- Develop and maintain patch record database