Do you enjoy seeing highly relevant content when you perform shopping searches? Do you love helping developers create shopping experiences that feel like a direct answer to the customer's query? Awesome, us too.
The Search Content Platform team reduces the time it takes for developers and teams to turn a feature idea into a running experiment on the Amazon Search Page. Not only that, we put mechanisms in place to ensure that new content is highly relevant to the buyer's current shopping mission. Whether you're building a new widget or exploring a new product display, we believe it should take hours, not weeks to test whether a change helps customers make more informed buying decisions.
We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer who is particularly passionate about reinventing how widgets are selected and displayed on the Amazon search page. Widget content displayed around search results surface tools, time sensitive sales, advertising and product information that help customers navigate Amazon's vast selection. We are building services and libraries that enable teams to provide various types of widget content and compete for placement in various regions on the page.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll
- be part of a small, close-knit team of engineers that are agile, data driven, and highly collaborative.
- propose and implement your own ideas along with those that meet customer-driven, highly visible goals. Engineers on our team have proposed ideas that have impacted hundreds of millions of customers and generated billions of dollars in revenue.
- build services and libraries used by hundreds of developers.
- release new features daily to our customers.
Aside from coding, you will
- get together with fellow engineers for bi-weekly tech lunches where you have healthy discussions about career development, time management, influencing peers and managers, cross team architecture, coding methodologies, testing standards and other technical topics.
- attend weekly team social events and regularly get out of the office (rain or shine) to have some fun in Seattle with the team.
We have so much more we want to do. If you enjoy helping customers make informed buying decisions as well as helping make developers around you productive, join us! You'll never have trouble answering the question, "What exactly do you do for Amazon?”.
We look forward to hearing from you.