The Amazon Web Services team is looking for a focused Senior Security Engineer who can take on a leadership role in responding to security issues across the largest cloud provider in the world. The right candidate must thrive in high-pressure situations, think like both an attacker and defender, and drive relevant teams to take the right actions in the right timeframes to mitigate risks.
We are looking for an individual who can balance technical risks against business risks and consistently drive for the right results. They must have the passion for engineering novel solutions to complex security challenges, and recognize and fill gaps in capabilities. The ability to quickly design and build internal-facing tools that enable scaled programmatic automation is a plus.
The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of cryptography, network security, software security, malware analysis, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence.
An ideal candidate should be able to accomplish most of the following:
- Confidently and intelligently respond to security incidents, and proactively consider how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
- Design and coordinate cohesive responses to security events that involve multiple teams across the organization.
- Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow Security Engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale.
- Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research. Coordinate responses as necessary across affected teams to do the right thing for our customers and our organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity, and multiple audiences.
- Recognize, adopt and instill the best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, cryptography, network security, security operations, incident response, security intelligence.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication and system security.
- Fulfill regular on-call responsibilities.