Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of enterprise companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
We have high standards for our computer systems as well as our employees: our systems are highly secure, highly reliable, highly available, and must function at massive scale; our employees are super smart, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with. The successful Systems Engineer does much more than plug computers together or track changes. They are instrumental in deploying, operating, and scaling out a massive always-on distributed system that is serving production workloads for customers of AWS. We are looking for a seasoned Systems Engineer to join our energetic, fast-moving and passionate team.
You will be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Troubleshoot, reproduce and solve challenging operational issues in a complex enterprise environment running fleets of server instances interacting with multiple services across several AWS regions.
- Participate and lead architecture workshops, working directly with technical teams from AWS enterprise customers and partners to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs for their application deployment.
- Build and maintain CloudFormation templates, Chef cookbooks and scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes.
- Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams.
- Mentor and advise the global team on matters of engineering and architecture best practices.
- Drive operational excellence.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services.
- Position based in Seattle, WA