Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We’re building the solutions and applications behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join our team!
The Alexa Mobile app is the companion app for Echo, Amazon Tap, and Echo Dot, and we are looking for talented mobile app developers to work on the Alexa companion app for Android. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge mobile product used every day, by people you know. We are looking for passionate, hardworking Android software engineers who have experience building innovative, mobile applications that customers love.
- Mobile application software development, design and prototyping.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing Android apps.
- Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Work closely with product and design teams to customize the Alexa experience on mobile devices
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance