We're seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager(TPM) to drive Internationalization Mechanisms within the International Consumer Excellence organization (part of International Technology). In this role you will be scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. International Mechanisms is responsible for launching new tools to support development across all Amazon programs, as well as Engineering resources to support global parity of features for Amazon customers across the world. There are big goals ahead for 2016 which will include the collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and leading the production launch.
- You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal development and business teams.
- You will make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- You will possess a strong program management background, demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies.
- You are able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or prioritization issues. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide issue management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.